The Unknown Purchase
I am technologically challenged. Added to that I dislike reading manual’s or “how to” instructions. Who understands what they are talking about anyway? Thankfully, I like to ask ‘google’ questions when I have a problem and ‘google’ usually has the answer, unless of course it’s to do with my computer. What was google saying about my computer problem? Translation please!!! For a time being my dilemma at getting past the basics was solved by a houseful of helpful teenage daughters. Then they grew up and left home, one after the other.
The day eventually arrived when my old and ailing mac laptop was ready to be replaced. An upgrade was absolutely necessary. I took all the important documents and photos off the old white computer, storing them appropriately for safe keeping, in case it should suddenly cease to function. However, I could hold off it’s replacement no longer. My youngest daughter was still in and out of home as a college student; my ‘boomerang baby’, the one who kept returning. Her tech savvy ability was a must. After some discussion, my delightful daughter decided to accompany me to the nearest Apple store and initiate and complete the transaction for me. My role in the task was to hand her my credit card. Off we went to the closest Apple store where we were greeted at the door by smiling, friendly staff. I looked around at all the stylish, contemporary tables with their wide variety of apple products on display and a mob of smiling, friendly staff ready on hand. I followed my daughter across the busy store to where the shiny new silver laptop sat. She started to show it to me and explain it’s functions when an amiable sales man came over to us. Then my daughter just took control of the situation. I hung behind her as she sorted out the sale with confidence. Finally, my moment of involvement arrived, and she held out her hand and I passed her my credit card. The transaction was completed and my daughter set up the lap top there in the store, with the salesman discussing it with her. At home, my daughter continued to direct and guide me on my new adventure.
Several years later my new lap top started seriously slowing down. Moving from screen to screen became almost unbearable. The spinning, coloured circle, indicating my need to wait, kept twirling time and again across my screen. I prayed. I rang the free technical support service. The technician helpfully guided me through different parts of my computer to determine the problem. The diagnosis concluded that my hard drive was in it’s final moments of activity. I prayed some more. This was going to be expensive. My anxiety levels increased. I continued to pray. Suddenly my mind registered, with joy, what the computer specialist was saying to me. “You still have over three hundred days on your Apple Care.” Apple Care? I had Apple Care? A surge of relief coursed through my veins. My wonderful daughter had not only helped me purchase my new lap top, but she had, unknown to me, added Apple Care into the transaction. I was able to take my lap top back to my nearby Apple Store and within hours a new hard drive was placed within my computer free of charge.
My mind thought about a service I had unknowingly purchased and was there for me to use in my future, if necessary. I had no idea I owned it. How much this is like our relationship with God. He has purchased my redemption, my freedom and my eternal life, do I even realise it? It’s there for me as a gift. It’s free. Not only has He purchased this for me, God is actually already in my future. There is nothing that comes my way that My Heavenly Father is not prepared for; He has already provided the way for me to pass through it. Nothing comes unexpectedly to Him. I can have complete confidence that all the problems, dilemmas and heart aches have been weighed gently in His hands and allowed to come to me only because He is there to carry me though everything and that He is working all things together for good. God has provided abundantly for each situation that comes my way, both now and in my future. I can rest peacefully in Him. I can trust Him. Can you?
Rev 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Jer 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Ps 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'



No comments:
Post a Comment