Saturday, January 31, 2015

Out of Focus

What’s wrong with it? I tried again and again. My camera just wouldn’t take the photo even though I had it aimed and I was pressing the button, over and over. I looked closely at it. Suddenly the photo took and I had a blurred print of the patterned carpet in the church. I had received a new camera for Christmas. It is my first introduction to DSLR cameras and I had no comprehension, yet, of the manual settings.Someone kindly fixed that problem for me, the camera timer had been set, but alas I had another equally disappointing problem. Now I discovered the camera wouldn’t focus. No matter what I did, as soon as I would zoom in the photo was blurred. What was wrong this time? My daughter, who had studied a class in photography at university, had borrowed my camera through the week, changed the settings, taken some photos and had not returned the settings  back to my familiar automatic ones. I was totally lost. Nearly all my photos for that day were blurred, ever so slightly, until someone noticed my camera was not set to Automatic Focus. A flick of the switch and instantly my photos were crystal clear. I breathed a sigh of relief as I gained some new knowledge of my camera that day.

I can come to the Bible in much the same way. I can focus on the history of the Bible, the beauty of the language, the factual information or the texts to be used in debate, to prove my point, but I receive only a blurred picture of Jesus. My focus can be out. To truly see Jesus in the full clearness and clarity I need to aim my attention and focus on Him. I need to pray for the Spirit to show me the wonders of Jesus in every page of the Bible and within the facts, the language, the history and the stories. Focus on Jesus today and see Him in all His fullness of beauty, purity and clearness as you open God’s Word.



John 12:21 “…we want to see Jesus.”


Heb 12:2  “We must focus on Jesus, the source and goal of our faith"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0jpHtsSEQo

No comments:

Post a Comment