Healed Hearts
Scars! We all have them. Physical scars, reminders of past stories in our lives, some good and some bad. Childhood memories float lazily through my mind whenever I notice the scar on my lower leg. Times of hot summer days living on a quarter of an acre block with three older siblings. I remember the long lush summer grass under my bare feet. I remember happy times with my older brother as we chased each other through that grass, panting and laughing in the haze of summer holidays. My father had carefully placed sheets of corrugated iron up the back of the yard. One day I took what I thought would be a short cut over those sheets of corrugated iron, bare feet pounding on the hot metal. One sheet bowed and the edge of the top sheet curled up. My lower leg came in contact with the sharp metal edge and I received a deep wound on my leg. My wound eventually healed but it left a scar.
We can carry emotional wounds. Unforgiveness, bitterness, anger and hurt make our wounds fester deep in our hearts, unhealed. They impact our lives, the pain always fresh. God wants to heal our wounds. He wants to give us the gift of forgiving others. He wants to take away the bitterness, the anger and the pain. He wants to leave just the scar of a healed wound, just the memory, a reminder of His mercies to us that we may remember how God has healed and that we may have a story of healing to share. Will I let God heal me today? Will you?
Ps 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
Ps 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53iNPgFfFVU

No comments:
Post a Comment