Friday, June 14, 2013

I am the Lord, I Change Not


Ohhhhhh as a Christian I so need to be consistent!!!
Matt 27:62-66
On the next day, which followed the Day of Preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees gathered together to Pilate, saying, “Sir, we remember, while He was still alive, how that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise.’ Therefore command that the tomb be made secure until the third day, lest His disciples come by night and steal Him away, and say to the people, ‘He has risen from the dead.’ So the last deception will be worse than the first.” Pilate said to them, “You have a guard; go your way, make it as secure as you know how.” So they went and made the tomb secure, sealing the stone and setting the guard."
Sealing a tomb and getting soldiers together was a big thing. EGW tells us how that tomb was sealed.
" The priests gave directions for securing the sepulcher. A great stone had been placed before the opening. Across this stone they placed cords, securing the ends to the solid rock, and sealing them with the Roman seal. The stone could not be moved without breaking the seal. A guard of one hundred soldiers was then stationed around the sepulcher to prevent it from being tampered with. The priests did all they could to keep Christ's body where it had been laid. He was sealed as securely in His tomb as if He were to remain there through all time." D.A p78
What really stuck me as I am going over these verses is that all this took place on the Sabbath. When I go back a few verses Joseph Of Arimathaea placed Jesus in the tomb and HE rolled a stone in front of it. It was heavy enough but obviously a bloke could roll it away. Now the priests and rulers don't want it to be able to be rolled away at all.
So here are priests and rulers who wouldn't enter the judgment hall of Pilate at Christ's trial for fear of being defiled for the Passover..they accused Christ of breaking the Sabbath when he healed others and yet here they are on the Sabbath discussing and organising the sealing of the tomb which is a huge job without even thinking about the fact they just committed murder. How totally inconsistent their religion is. Which brings me to me....if others were to watch me all day...day after day and hear my words how consistent am I? Does everything I do and say and who I am match up or are there discrepancies? Are there inconsistencies with how I view and keep the Sabbath? God is calling me to a place of greater consistency.
Mal 3:6 "For I am the Lord, I change not.."

No comments:

Post a Comment