Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Looking On From Afar


"And many women who followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to Him, were there looking on from afar, among whom were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee’s sons." Matt 27:55,56
If we add in Luke 8:2,3 we also find out who some of the women were and what they actually did "and certain women who had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities—Mary called Magdalene, out of whom had come seven demons, and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others who provided for Him from their substance."
Wouldn't it have been an amazing blessing to actually minister in person to Jesus himself????? However I needed to hear this today coz I have a hard morning ahead....Matt 25:40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ 
My mind was on the women...they were looking from afar....in John 19:25 some women are right at the cross.
"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene."
So the question for me today...am I going to behold Christ from afar off or will I be right close pressing into His presence at the cross?
"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God" 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment