I will give you the treasures of darkness
As I ponder the cross I think about the darkness that surrounded Jesus during the time He hung there...“There was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.” Matt 27:45 "There was no eclipse or other natural cause for this darkness, which was as deep as midnight without moon or stars. It was a miraculous testimony given by God that the faith of after generations might be confirmed.
He makes darkness His pavilion, and conceals His glory from human eyes. In that thick darkness God’s presence was hidden. God and His holy angels were beside the cross. The Father was with His Son. Yet His presence was not revealed.. "DA p753
Here is a glimpse into the faith of Jesus that I am called to have..."Amid the awful darkness, apparently forsaken of God, Christ had drained the last dregs in the cup of human woe. In those dreadful hours He had relied upon the evidence of His Father’s acceptance heretofore given Him. He was acquainted with the character of His Father; He understood His justice, His mercy, and His great love. By faith He rested in Him whom it had ever been His joy to obey. And as in submission He committed Himself to God, the sense of the loss of His Father’s favor was withdrawn. By faith, Christ was victor."DA 756
God is always there even in my darkest moments. He never leaves me. Christ felt forsaken on the cross but God was still there. Even if I feel forsaken I truly am not. He is closer to me then any other time for He is right there beside me in the darkness with me.
Ps 18:1 "He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies."
Isaiah 45:3 "I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the Lord, who call you by your name, AM the God of Israel."
There's so much I can learn in the darkness of life, when I think God is silent, He is actually working something out in my heart. Out of this darkness will come rich treasures from God. Out of this I will truly know God.
Psalm 139:12 "Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and light are both alike to You."
God's essential light penetrates every dark place, and makes the deepest gloom as radiant as the brightest sunshine.
Lord, penetrate all my darkness and bring to me your radiance of light.

No comments:
Post a Comment