A Sanctuary of Safety
In 1 Kings 5 We find Solomon, King of Israel and Hiram, King of Tyre in dialogue concerning plans to build the sanctuary. Solomon requires the beautiful timbers of Lebanon and together with Hiram they organise workers to produce a logging industry specifically for the sanctuary project.
I so love the progression of events seen in these verses.
vs 3 "You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet."
vs 4 "But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side..."
vs 5" And behold, I propose to build a house for the name of the Lord my God,..."
My eyes were just so opened I could see a progression that God wants to do in my life.
1- To stop warring and allow the Lord to put all my "foes" under my feet
2- To accept the Lord's rest
3- To build a sanctuary
God wants me to lay down the battles and the struggles. He is calling me to a holy purpose and He wants to build a sanctuary in my heart ...He wants ME to be a sanctuary. First He asks me to choose to allow Him to not just take my battles but to win them for me. I choose to surrender the struggles and wars to him. I choose to let Him be the conqueror in my life.
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Rom 8:35-39
God wants me to rest in Him to lay all my troubles and burdens at His feet and allow Him to be the King in my life. Battling with struggles is tiring. It's a huge burden..it is weary. He asks me to come to Him for rest from these battles.He wants me to have quietness and confidence. He doesn't want me to fret. He wants me to have hope....hope!!!!
"Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28
"For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall you be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.." Isa 30:15
" Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;Do not fret..." Ps 37:7
"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him..." Ps 65:5
When I am in a place of surrender and rest from all my battles then and only then can God build in me a sanctuary to His glory.
"Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?" 1 Cor 3:16
" Don't you know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own. " 1 Cor 6:19
"And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them." Ex 25:8
God I want to allow a sanctuary to be built in me that You through your Holy Spirit may dwell in me.
"I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely" Hos 2:18
Father, break the weapons of self preservation, break the lies that bind me and break the battles in my heart that I may lie in a safe place with you...a sanctuary of safety......yes a true sanctuary is a place of safety.
I so love the progression of events seen in these verses.
vs 3 "You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet."
vs 4 "But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side..."
vs 5" And behold, I propose to build a house for the name of the Lord my God,..."
My eyes were just so opened I could see a progression that God wants to do in my life.
1- To stop warring and allow the Lord to put all my "foes" under my feet
2- To accept the Lord's rest
3- To build a sanctuary
God wants me to lay down the battles and the struggles. He is calling me to a holy purpose and He wants to build a sanctuary in my heart ...He wants ME to be a sanctuary. First He asks me to choose to allow Him to not just take my battles but to win them for me. I choose to surrender the struggles and wars to him. I choose to let Him be the conqueror in my life.
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long;We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" Rom 8:35-39
God wants me to rest in Him to lay all my troubles and burdens at His feet and allow Him to be the King in my life. Battling with struggles is tiring. It's a huge burden..it is weary. He asks me to come to Him for rest from these battles.He wants me to have quietness and confidence. He doesn't want me to fret. He wants me to have hope....hope!!!!
"Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt 11:28
"For thus says the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall you be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength.." Isa 30:15
" Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;Do not fret..." Ps 37:7
"Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him..." Ps 65:5
When I am in a place of surrender and rest from all my battles then and only then can God build in me a sanctuary to His glory.
"Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in you?" 1 Cor 3:16
" Don't you know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own. " 1 Cor 6:19
"And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them." Ex 25:8
God I want to allow a sanctuary to be built in me that You through your Holy Spirit may dwell in me.
"I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely" Hos 2:18
Father, break the weapons of self preservation, break the lies that bind me and break the battles in my heart that I may lie in a safe place with you...a sanctuary of safety......yes a true sanctuary is a place of safety.

No comments:
Post a Comment