Friday, July 5, 2013

Let All Things be Done In Order

Let All Things Be Done In Order



I am reading 1 Kings 4:1-28. From the surface it appears to be mundane information. However, once you scratch deeper you see an amazing system of order required for the smooth running of Solomon's kingdom. Here Solomon lists high officers of the State who work closely with him, scribes who issue the King's edicts, those who take care of his correspondence, a scribe who chronicles events within the realm,officers, and stewards. He has a system in place for 12 officers to provide monthly, year round, for his court ,which contained between 10,000-15,000 people. The kingdom Solomon is ruling over is vast.

Vs 21"So Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the River to the land of the Philistines, as far as the border of Egypt. They brought tribute and served Solomon all the days of his life."

The population is innumerable vs 20 " Judah and Israel were as numerous as the sand by the sea in multitude, eating and drinking and rejoicing." 

The nation is secure and at peace vs 25 "And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, each man under his vine and his fig tree, from Dan as far as Beersheba, all the days of Solomon."

My mind is turned towards heavenly things." I see how earthly Kingdoms in their greatness have order...things are done decently. I turn to heaven. Is God a God of order? How is His kingdom run? My mind goes back to Ezekiel and Daniel and Revelation. An array of verses that piece together the incredible order and system of an entire universe all under the leadership of God. 

I see a God of order...I see thrones and living creatures, angels by the thousands upon thousands, 24 elders, the busyness, order and action of the heavenly realm. I see a God of love. 

Ezekiel 1: 4,5, 14-16

And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire.

Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

And the living creatures ran and returned as the appearance of a flash of lightning.

Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

Daniel 7:9,10
"...the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him."

Rev 4:4-6
And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.

And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

God is great and holy and majestic. He is a God of order. He wants His kingdom to be established in my heart.

Luke 17:21 "...behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

How will His kingdom be reflected in my life and the way I live it? Does he ask of me order and things done decently? God wants routine and system in my life...He wants order and thoroughness.

I Cor 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment