God Says..."I Will"
1 Kings 6:12, 13
Then the word of the Lord came to Solomon, saying: “Concerning this temple which you are building, if you walk in My statutes, execute My judgments, keep all My commandments, and walk in them, then I will perform My word with you, which I spoke to your father David. And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel.”
If...the little word if...when I read this I can see that there is a condition to the promise. God says "if".
God wants to perform His word in me. He wants to dwell with me. He can't do that until I cooperate. God is a God of love. Love is not coerced or forced. Love is a compelling power...it draws me ..it motivates me....His love opens my heart to Him. God asks for my obedience...as a response to His love....
John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
I am awed how it is all of God and none of me...even the desire to want to do His will and to be enabled to do His pleasure comes from God.
Phil 2:13 "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."
When I allow God to work obedience in my heart through love then God can mightily perform His word in me and for me and through me. Then He can dwell in me...abide in me and I in Him.
Jer 1:12 "Then said the LORD unto me, You have well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it."
1 Thess 5:24 "Faithful is he that calls you, who also will do it." Another translation puts it this way.. "Faithful is he who has called you; it is he who shall perform it."
Rom 4:21" And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised , he was able also to perform"
God will hasten to perform His promises in me...He is the Faithful One and he shall perform them. It is not I but Christ.
God wants to do more than perform His word in me. He wants to dwell in me.
Isa 57:15" For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones."
Rom 8:9 "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you"
2 Cor 6:16 " And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people
When I allow God to work obedience in my heart through love and He performs His word in me and through me and He dwells with me then God can root and ground me in His love so that I will be able to comprehend His love more fully. To know the love of Christ will open me to be filled more with the fulness of God. God so wants to do for me far above what I can ask or even think. He is only waiting for me to enable His power to work in me more fully.
Eph 3:17-20 "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.
Then the word of the Lord came to Solomon, saying: “Concerning this temple which you are building, if you walk in My statutes, execute My judgments, keep all My commandments, and walk in them, then I will perform My word with you, which I spoke to your father David. And I will dwell among the children of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel.”
If...the little word if...when I read this I can see that there is a condition to the promise. God says "if".
God wants to perform His word in me. He wants to dwell with me. He can't do that until I cooperate. God is a God of love. Love is not coerced or forced. Love is a compelling power...it draws me ..it motivates me....His love opens my heart to Him. God asks for my obedience...as a response to His love....
John 14:15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments.
I am awed how it is all of God and none of me...even the desire to want to do His will and to be enabled to do His pleasure comes from God.
Phil 2:13 "For it is God who works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure."
When I allow God to work obedience in my heart through love then God can mightily perform His word in me and for me and through me. Then He can dwell in me...abide in me and I in Him.
Jer 1:12 "Then said the LORD unto me, You have well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it."
1 Thess 5:24 "Faithful is he that calls you, who also will do it." Another translation puts it this way.. "Faithful is he who has called you; it is he who shall perform it."
Rom 4:21" And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised , he was able also to perform"
God will hasten to perform His promises in me...He is the Faithful One and he shall perform them. It is not I but Christ.
God wants to do more than perform His word in me. He wants to dwell in me.
Isa 57:15" For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones."
Rom 8:9 "But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you"
2 Cor 6:16 " And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:
“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people
When I allow God to work obedience in my heart through love and He performs His word in me and through me and He dwells with me then God can root and ground me in His love so that I will be able to comprehend His love more fully. To know the love of Christ will open me to be filled more with the fulness of God. God so wants to do for me far above what I can ask or even think. He is only waiting for me to enable His power to work in me more fully.
Eph 3:17-20 "That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.

No comments:
Post a Comment