Monday, July 15, 2013

A Treasured Possession

A Treasured Possession



As I read 1 Kings 5-7 my mind is drawn the absolute beauty and splendor and magnificence of the temple Solomon had built.

“Of surpassing beauty and unrivaled splendor was the palatial building which Solomon and his associates erected for God and His worship. Garnished with precious stones, surrounded by spacious courts with magnificent approaches, and lined with carved cedar and burnished gold, the temple structure, with its broidered hangings and rich furnishings, was a fit emblem of the living church of God on earth, which through the ages has been building in accordance with the divine pattern, with materials that have been likened to "gold, silver, precious stones," "polished after the similitude of a palace." 1 Corinthians 3:12; Psalm 144:12. Of this spiritual temple Christ is "the chief Cornerstone; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord." Ephesians 2:20, 21.” P&K p 36

God is calling not just His church to be spiritual temple of beauty and magnificence but He is calling me personally to be a temple of beauty. To be beautiful in Him like the beauty of a jewel.To be His treasured possession.

1 Cor 3:16 “Know you not that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?”

I am a jewel. I am a treasured possession. Treasured and cherished by God. 

Mal 3:17 And they shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spares his own son that serves him.

As a jewel of Jesus’ I have a sense of belonging. He tells me I am His. As a jewel I have beauty in Him.

Deut 7:6 For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.

Exodus 19:5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. 

Deuteronomy 14:2 for you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be his treasured possession

Deuteronomy 26:18 And the LORD has declared this day that you are his people, his treasured possession as he promised, and that you are to keep all his commands.

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

The life of a treasured possession belonging to Christ is a life of obedience, holiness, a life of His covenant being written in my heart. He wants me to declare His praises for He has called me out of darkness and into His glorious light and into the life of a jewel for Jesus. 

I am a temple of the Holy Spirit, a building of beauty and glory on Christ. God wants me to believe Him. He wants me to know my worth in Him and to live the life of one who is loved, treasured and made to feel special by Him. 

I love Him so very deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment